Thank you Cat for choosing me. I'm about a month late on posting...but...I will try to put something together. I just posted around an hour ago and I may as well stay up the rest of the night. It is now 4:51 a.m. YIKES! Anyway...Here it goes...
1) I was a nanny for 6 months in Chicago roughly 20 years ago. I lived near Michael Jordan and one day I rang his doorbell and met his wife (Juanita). She mentioned that he no longer meets with people/neighbors. But that he used to let kids in the neighborhood play basketball on his home-courts. Oh course.....he no longer lives in this house and is now divorced.
2) I also nannied for a family on Cape Cod. They were a Greek family that had ties to the Mafia of some sorts. At times, I feared for my life and ended up flying home early. It was a great experience though....It was the first time that I actually flew on an airplane (at age 21) and that I saw the ocean for the first time.
3) I read PEOPLE magazine each Saturday morning (right after it is delivered to my mailbox). I read it cover-to-cover in about 20 minutes (its reading level is probably grade 2!) I love every guilty minute of it! I cannot stop. It's one of my guilty pleasures.
4) I could eat Mexican Food at least 5 nights a week! Chips & Salsa, a frozen margarita and a side of Guacamole would be my last meal ....if I had to choose...Oh yeah...by the way...I had Mexican Food again tonight!
5) I have a public speaking phobia! I am probably one of the most seemingly outgoing people you could meet. Put me in a room of strangers and one-one-one I can go through the whole room and introduce myself and strike up conversations with anyone. But....put me on the spot....or in a circle and ask me to introduce myself and tell a bit about me....I FREEZE....MY HEART-RATE rises...MY VOICE WILL EVEN START TO SHAKE!....It's crazy! Probably the low-self-esteem thing rising to the surface. I hope to get to the bottom of this by working the 12 steps this year.
6) I love to Shop and Spend Money! It gives me a "high" probably much like an alcoholic gets when they drink. When my husband gets paid....I pay all the bills and then balance the checkbook. Then I rationalize what items I would like to buy for either Clementine, myself, or the house and then begin looking online or go the mall. I usually feel guilty afterwards....see....we have 4 credit cards with SUBSTANTIAL BALANCES (to say the least)...but I end of shopping all over again. My husband just got paid yesterday and today I went online and ordered snow pants and snow boots at Hanna Andersson for Clementine. I also ordered a few birthday presents for her too.
7) I taught 1st Grade for 15 years at the same school. My 2 year leave is about to expire in May. I have to let them know if I will be going back by March. I am hoping to just sub next year....but am worried about Clark's drinking progressing and wonder if I should go back full-time. I also like structure and "not-knowing" where I will sub the next day until the morning-of is a bit unnerving.
8) I am a Christian who is constantly struggling with developing a relationship with Christ. I am always seem to be "church shopping". Just can't seem to find the right church...might be that "Not liking people thing...." continuing to follow me. I am beginning to like people and not constantly judge them or try to measure myself up against them.
9) I always wanted to be mother....even when I was little. I always thought I would have at least 3 children. Now...I have been begging Clark to get a vasectomy. Having another child at 40 is doable for some...but not advisable to a Diabetic with only 1/2 of my pancreas left to do an Insulinoma tumor.
Since having that surgery in 2004, I am kind of like a car with hail-damage...Even though I was repaired...I have never been the same since! I now have a rare gallbladder thing called biliary dyskensia. I have had a dilation of my esophagus due to an esophageal ring. I have had a needle biopsy done on a tumor on my thyroid. Thankfully...it was benign.. Then I fell down a flight of stairs and sprained my ankle so severely that I was in a cast for 6 weeks. Oh yeah...I also had a severe reaction to something I ate and had to be rushed to the ER. I looked like I had injected BOTOX all over my face! Then severe hives came on and remained for about 4 months. No cause was found for either of these things. So as you can see...I have never been quite the same since surgery. I was so healthy before that and now wonder if many of these things ....even possibly the pancreatic tumor may have come on as a result of internalizing all my stress for years.
10) I took my first yoga class last year and loved it! I was also introduced to the Netti-Nasal-Cleansing-Pot. It's a little pot (like a tea-pot) only with a longer spout. You put the spout in one nostril and pour in warm sea-salt water and Waalaah! it goes up into your sinuses and comes out on the other side! I do it weekly and once a day when I feel like I have a sinus infection coming on. It took some practice...but now I'm a Netti-Pot-Pro! I'm proud to say that I haven't had a sinus infection in 2 years! May sound gross.....but....Good Things...Ha! Ha!
Sorry...but I don't read enough yet to keep up with who has received this...so feel free to take part in this too...Happy 2009 to all of you.