Sunday, December 28, 2008

Honest Scrap


Thank you Cat for choosing me.    I'm about a month late on posting...but...I will try to put something together.   I just posted around an hour ago and I may as well stay up the rest of the night.   It is now 4:51 a.m.   YIKES!      Anyway...Here it goes...

1) I was a nanny for 6 months in Chicago roughly 20 years ago.   I lived near Michael Jordan and one day I rang his doorbell and met his wife (Juanita).   She mentioned that he no longer meets with people/neighbors.   But that he used to let kids in the neighborhood play basketball on his home-courts.   Oh course.....he no longer lives in this house and is now divorced.

2) I also nannied for a family on Cape Cod.   They were a Greek family that had ties to the Mafia of some sorts.   At times, I feared for my life and ended up flying home early.   It was a great experience though....It was the first time that I actually flew on an airplane (at age 21)  and that I saw the ocean for the first time.

3) I read PEOPLE magazine each Saturday morning (right after it is delivered to my mailbox).   I read it cover-to-cover in about 20 minutes  (its reading level is probably grade 2!)    I love every guilty minute of it!    I cannot stop.  It's one of my guilty pleasures.

4) I could eat Mexican Food at least 5 nights a week!   Chips & Salsa, a frozen margarita and a side of Guacamole would be my last meal ....if I had to choose...Oh yeah...by the way...I had Mexican Food again tonight!

5) I have a public speaking phobia!   I am probably one of the most seemingly outgoing people you could meet.   Put me in a room of strangers and one-one-one I can go through the whole room and introduce myself and strike up conversations with anyone.   But....put me on the spot....or in a circle and ask me to introduce myself and tell a bit about me....I FREEZE....MY HEART-RATE rises...MY VOICE WILL EVEN START TO SHAKE!....It's crazy!     Probably the low-self-esteem thing rising to the surface.    I hope to get to the bottom of this by working the 12 steps this year.

6) I love to Shop and Spend Money!   It gives me a "high" probably much like an alcoholic gets when they drink.    When my husband gets paid....I pay all the bills and then balance the checkbook.   Then I rationalize what items I would like to buy for either Clementine, myself, or the house and then begin looking online or go the mall.    I usually feel guilty afterwards....see....we have 4 credit cards with SUBSTANTIAL BALANCES (to say the least)...but I end of shopping all over again.   My husband just got paid yesterday and today I went online and ordered snow pants and snow boots at Hanna Andersson for Clementine.   I also ordered a few birthday presents for her too.

7) I taught 1st Grade for 15 years at the same school.   My 2 year leave is about to expire in May.   I have to let them know if I will be going back by March.   I am hoping to just sub next year....but am worried about Clark's drinking progressing and wonder if I should go back full-time.    I also like structure and "not-knowing" where I will sub the next day until the morning-of is a bit unnerving.

8) I am a Christian who is constantly struggling with developing a relationship with Christ.    I am always seem to be "church shopping".   Just can't seem to find the right church...might be that "Not liking people thing...." continuing to follow me.     I am beginning to like people and not constantly judge them or try to measure myself up against them.

9) I always wanted to be  mother....even when I was little.   I always thought I would have at least 3 children.   Now...I have been begging Clark to get a vasectomy.   Having another child at 40 is doable for some...but not advisable to a Diabetic with only 1/2 of my pancreas left to do an Insulinoma tumor.

Since having that surgery in 2004, I am kind of like a car with hail-damage...Even though I was repaired...I have never been the same since!   I now have a rare gallbladder thing called biliary dyskensia.   I have had a dilation of my esophagus  due to an esophageal ring.    I have had a needle biopsy done on a tumor on my thyroid.  Thankfully...it was benign..    Then I fell down a flight of stairs and sprained my ankle so severely that I was in a cast for 6 weeks.   Oh yeah...I also had a severe reaction to something I ate and had to be rushed to the ER.   I looked like I had injected BOTOX all over my face!   Then severe hives came on and remained for about 4 months.   No cause was found for either of these things.    So as you can see...I have never been quite the same since surgery. I was so healthy before that and now wonder if many of these things ....even possibly the pancreatic tumor may have come on as a result of internalizing all my stress for years.

10) I took my first yoga class last year and loved it!   I was also introduced to the Netti-Nasal-Cleansing-Pot.    It's a little pot (like a tea-pot) only with a longer spout.   You put the spout in one nostril and pour in warm sea-salt water and Waalaah!  it goes up into your sinuses and comes out on the other side!  I do it weekly and once a day when I feel like I have a sinus infection coming on.   It took some practice...but now I'm a Netti-Pot-Pro!   I'm proud to say that I haven't had a sinus infection in 2 years!   May sound gross.....but....Good Things...Ha! Ha!

Sorry...but I don't read enough yet to keep up with who has received this...so feel free to take part in this too...Happy 2009 to all of you.



3 comments:

Syd said...

Interesting stuff about you. The yoga sounds great. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Wait. What? said...

Wnderfully honest scrap about ya! I knew you would be interesting to learn more about!

Here is hoping your new years is the best yet!!!

Cat

Annette said...

Wow, lots of interesting stuff. I also love Hanna but I would be the one buying your old stuff donated to the thrift store or off of ebay. lol I read People too! And it is a guilty pleasure... :o) I work overnights on Sunday nights, so I save it for that night while I am work. Its ok, my job is very low key...they know I do it. Then I leave it for the next days shift.
Thanks for sharing with us. I loved learning more about you and have missed hearing from you in your blog! Glad you are back.